That was a surprising game. A shame it didn't go anywhere else with that mechanic. Felt kind of empty
Get the Power Square to Win
A downloadable game for Windows
A simple platformer about getting the Power Square to win. Made for #gmtkjam 2020 in 48 hours with the theme, "out of control."
Fullscreen is not supported. A screen resolution that is at least 900pixels tall is recommended, although not required. If you intended to record video of the game, please record your entire desktop, or a large portion of it, *not* just the game window.
- Arrow keys to Move.
- Spacebar to jump and bounce.
- Escape to close.
- Created with GameMaker: Studio 2
- Uses Execute Shell extension by Samuel Venable
- Uses Non-Sandboxed Filesystem extension by YellowAfterLife
- Art created with Aesprite
- Power Square sound created with BFXR
- Desert at Night sound by kangaroovindaloo (no changes were made) under CC BY 3.0
- Feet shuffling and sweeping on carpet sound by RavenWolfProds under CC0 1.0
- jumping_1.wav sound by ShaneF91 under CC0 1.0
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Crashes after attempting to leave the room once you've collected the Power Square :(
do you remember the error message? was that on first playthrough? what version of windows do you use and what's your screen resolution?
Windows 10 - first playthrough, though it crashed every time I tried subsequently at the same spot. Here's a screenshot of the crash error -